Saturday, January 14, 2012

Video: 5 Ways to Listen Better from Ted Talks


Wishes for a Happy, Abundant New Year from Elaine! In my last blog I wrote about Listening. Many of you have asked me for resources and books so you could improve your listening skills. There are not many out there although I recently found The Wisdom of Listening and found it to be relevant and filled with wisdom to not just communicate better, but to be more self-aware of who we are and who we would like to be in our relationships. On the Ted Talks web-site I came across a wonderful video entitled, "5 Ways to Listen Better." It offers some fresh, new perspectives. I am including the link below, and hope you will take a moment to watch the video and also, share it with your VISTA members. Let me know how you liked it, Elaine


In our louder and louder world, says sound expert Julian Treasure, “We are losing our listening.” In this short, fascinating talk, Treasure shares five ways to re-tune your ears for conscious listening — to other people and the world around you. (Recorded at TEDGlobal 2011, July 2011, in Edinburgh, Scotland. Duration: 7:50.)

No comments:

Post a Comment